Welcome to Le Chalet and thank you for visiting our website!
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- We do NOT share Personal Information about you with anyone. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to anybody your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or otherwise.
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change; so please check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
What information is collected on this Site?
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you. Some of the Personal Information we collect includes, but is not limited to your name; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers and site browsing. We collect Personal Information from you when you complete an online form or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” form on the Site.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our server automatically collects your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain "clickstream data" pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site.
In addition, we may use the tracking technologies on the Site listed below to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
- Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as your Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit your use of the Site or its features.
- HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
- A pixel tag (also known as a "clear GIF" or "web beacon") is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
By using our Site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How is your information used?
We may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- providing you support
- administering the Site
- communicating with you and responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- improving and developing new features and offerings on the Site
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Site (if you have one) by logging in to your account on the Site or by contacting us using the “Contact US” link. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a "contact us" feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us to tell us.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Site may contain links that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your Personal Information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time.
Last modification date: May 28th, 2018